Target 2 – Leadership in a Student Centered Learning Environment. FWSU will foster development of teacher & student leaders who provide innovative opportunities for local and global student-centered learning.
Action Plan -Redefine high performance in a student-centered, collaborative, technologically rich learning environment
Indicator of Success -Teachers embrace the role of coach, facilitator and co-learner in a student-centered learning environment.
Yesterday a team of FWSU teachers, administrators, and board members embarked upon Year 2 of designing a new evaluation system for teachers. Last year the committee worked throughout the year to create a state-of-the-art evaluation system based on current research.
Our new system includes these important components:
- New professional performance rubrics including a rubric on family and community engagement.
- Yearly observations and evaluations of all teachers through the use of a mini-observation model.
- Online e-portfolio of professional learning.
- Peer-to-peer collaborative feedback.
This year the committee has the responsibility of completing sections of the evaluation system that were planned for phase two of the implementation. The committee’s charge for this year is to develop the remaining pieces of the system for use in the 2014/2015 school year:
- Stakeholder Feedback tools will be created for each teacher to gather input.
- Student Outcomes will become a part of the teacher accountability system.
Finally, the committee will also review, evaluate, and improve our new model using feedback from our teachers, principals, and board members, based on this year’s data. It is an exciting endeavor that will lead our district to improved performance.
The 2013/2014 committee is comprised of the following individuals: Lara Weis (FES), Karen Lehning (GEMS), Heather Sikorsky (GEMS), Jen Skerrett (BFA), Juliet King (BFA), Tom Walsh (BFA), Mary Lynn Riggs (FWSU), Rachelle LeVau (BFA/FWSU Board), Jennifer Ormerod (BFA) and Ned Kirsch (FWSU).