With the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) on everyone’s mind, this past week Secretary Dan French from Vermont’s Agency of Education distributed guidance to schools. To read his full memo click here.
As of the memo date there are no cases in Vermont. If this changes, then schools will be notified by Vermont’s department of Health and Agency of Education.
Use the same precautions you would for keeping the cold and flu at bay:
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your sleeve or a tissue. Throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you have additional questions please visit the Vermont Department of Health’s COVID-19 website or dial 2-1-1 for more information. As always, keep their children home when they are sick.