Target 1 – Student-Centered Learning
FWSU students will engage in personalize learning involving collaborative inquiry, problem solving and creative learning opportunities.
Target 2 – Leadership in a Student Centered Learning Environment
FWSU will foster development of teacher & student leaders who provide innovative opportunities for local and global student-centered learning.
Target 3 – Flexible Learning Environments
FWSU will maximize flexible learning environments by redefining the school day, promoting learning experiences that extend beyond the school
classroom, and fostering creativity, innovation, and differentiated learning opportunities for all.
Target 4 – Engaged Community Partners
FWSU staff and students will collaborate, innovate, create and conceptualize ideas and learning with local, regional, state, and global partners to make
a difference in their community, state, and world.
The FWSU Blog is now beginning its third year! We strive to bring you news and information about our schools every day! When we started this “experiment” three years ago, it was uncharted territory. Even today very few schools maintain a blog, and even fewer update them everyday. Almost none use a blog to measure their action plan implementation.
At the time we wanted a way to communicate (actually over-communicate!) with all our communities. We knew we had to reach out to the digital world to attempt to engage in new and different ways. What we learned was that our blog could be more than just a “news” report. It has not been easy to do this everyday, and sometimes at “blog o’clock” we are far from our goal. Luckily, we have great staff at all of our schools who pitch in with story ideas and contributions on a regular basis.So why do we blog?
- *We blog because we want to invite our communities into our schools. We want to capture the stories, including the culture, the color, and the spirit of learning on a daily basis.
- We blog because we want to share how the FWSU Action Plan comes to life everyday in our schools. The FWSU blog highlights the target, action step and indicator of success as an introduction to each story. The stories illustrate how we are moving forward in our schools.
- We blog to highlight our students and educators.They offer examples of innovation, leadership, and creativity occurring throughout FWSU. By writing about them, we share them with all of you.
- We blog because we want to share our new practices with educators across our district, our state, our country and the world. The FWSU blog has had nearly 38,000 views in the last three years. Today our blog was viewed in the United States, Brazil, South Korea, Australia and Philippines
- We blog because it is important for all of us to reflect on how our schools are changing. Starting this year, each of the administrators will author a blog twice a month in order to highlight the best practices in his/her school.
Three years ago we launched the FWSU Blog with a dream. Today, celebrating our third year of blogging we continue to pursue that dream. This year we will go even further in our efforts to connect and engage neighbors near and far in the conversation about our great schools! We hope you will not only continue to read but also to interact with us. Share your comments, ideas, stories, and content.
Spread the word by asking your friends and neighbors to join us. Subscribe so that you don’t miss a single post. The more we can communicate the important work we do together and extend the reach beyond our borders, the stronger our community connections become.
Another learning adventure is off and running. Another great year lies ahead at FWSU.
“Highlighting learning in SU22 – this is what we do every day!” – Superintendent Ned Kirsch