Georgia Elementary School has been planning, developing, and implementing strategies to support a vibrant student experience each and every day.
School culture is all about bringing a positive, conducive, and effective morale to bolster student learning, fulfillment, and wellbeing.
There are a variety of meaningful opportunities available to students. Here are just a few of the many ways GEMS is advancing a positive school culture:
- The individual successes of teachers and students are celebrated and recognized.
- Relationships and interactions are characterized by openness, trust, respect, and appreciation.
- Staff relationships are collegial, collaborative, and productive and all staff members are held to high professional standards.
- Students and staff members feel emotionally and physically safe and the school policies and facilities promote students safety.
- School leaders, teachers, and staff model positive, healthy behaviors for students.
- Mistakes not punished as failures, but seen as opportunities to learn and grow for both students and educators.
- Decisions are made collaboratively with input from staff, students, and parents.