Target 4 – Engaged Community Partners. FWSU staff and students will collaborate, innovate, create and conceptualize ideas and learning with local, regional, state, and global partners to make a difference in their community, state, and world.
Action Step – Plan and manage instruction around problems relevant to students and their community and develop solutions for authentic audiences.
Indicator of Success – Collaborative student projects/partnerships become part of the fabric of the broader community.
Students at BFA are eager to welcome their friends, their families, and their community to participate in a special Homecoming Week on October 7-12! The BFA Athletic Leadership Council has a complete line-up of exciting events, which will formally kick off on Monday and culminate with a full-day of game and festivities on Saturday.
Throughout the week, there will be a Support Block Coin Drop fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The Support Block with the largest total by the end of the week will win a pizza party.
Here’s a brief synopsis of Homecoming Week festivities:
Monday, October 7th – “Kick-off Tailgate Party” during lunches. Cafeteria will be serving up cookout food to start the festivities.
- Varsity Boys Soccer @Winooski 4pm
- MS Boys Soccer @Georgia 4pm
- MS Girls Soccer home vs. Georgia 4:30/5:30
- JV Girls Soccer @BFA St. Albans 4pm
- MS XC @Westford 4pm
Tuesday, October 8th – “Maroon and White Day” (wear your school colors)
- FIRST ANNUAL HOMECOMING DANCE-OFF! Pep rally at support block where each HS athletic team, as well as the dramatic arts ensemble, will have option to compete by presenting a coordinated dance or cheer. Each performance is limited to one minute or less. A guest panel of judges will determine the winners, who will be dubbed “Kings and/or Queens of Homecoming!” We also welcome the faculty to put in an entry as well!
- XC Fairfax Relays 3pm!
Wednesday, October 9th – “Twin Day” (show your school spirit with your buddies!)
- “Walk to School Day”
- Varsity Girls Soccer @Winooski 4pm
- JV Girls Soccer home vs. Essex 4pm
Thursday, October 10th – “Jers-day Thursday” (wear your favorite team jersey!)
- 7th Girls/Boys Soccer @Westford 4pm/5pm
- JV Girls Soccer home vs. Milton 4pm
Friday, October 11th – “Tie-Day Friday” (wear your most spirited tie, or tie-dye, or BOTH!)
- 7/8 Girls Soccer home vs. Harwood 4:30
- 7/8 Boys Soccer home vs. Harwood 5:30
Saturday, October 12th – HOMECOMING DAY! (Come out and support all the home events this day! We are hoping to have youth games at halftime of each of our events as well)
- JV/V Girls Soccer home vs. Enosburg 10am
- JV/V Boys Soccer home vs. Enosburg 12pm
- Football vs. Poultney 2pm (10-year anniversary of Fairfax football)
- Dedication of Doug Stewart Memorial Flagpole at Halftime of football
Come celebrate the Fall success with a Bonfire from 6-8pm!
Stay tuned for updates as the week approaches. We hope that you will make plans to support BFA Bullet Athletics during Homecoming Week 2013!